17 July 2006

Perspective...

I spent the weekend teaching the kids to swim, wondering what I'd gotten myself into, taking three four-and-a-half-year-olds to the pool at once. I think I grew eyes INSIDE the eyes in the back of my head. At the end of the day, they could paddle and kick a little, learned that their special suits would let them float around, that water noodles are magic, and that you shouldn't run along the deck of the pool if you value your unskinned knees and unbruised hips. Got home exhausted. Spent a laid-back Sunday with them and the folks & family. Woke up this morning lamenting how out-of-shape I am, wondering again, was it worth it to chase the kids around the pool, with me in constant fear for their lives...
Then I got to work today and saw an amber alert about a missing five-year-old girl.
I had a spectacular weekend.
Destiny, you're in my prayers.

No comments: