21 June 2006

My fading memory

Last night, as I calmly informed my fellow castmates of "Once Upon A Mattress" that there was no show tonight, they mocked me as a tease. I was shocked. I couldn't believe that the same people I'd spent the last several weeks with, spilling our blood, sweat & various other bodily fluids together, were these same people acting so incredulous. I passionately defended my claim, even in the face of all of the doubters... and as I made my way around the backstage seeking support, everyone seemed to be "in on the joke." Nobody, I mean NOBODY believed me. So finally, feeling unjustly defeated, I checked with the director. Why, yes, said he, of course we had a show tomorrow. Of course? OF COURSE?! What about what you said, about us having Wednesday off? Uh, I never said that.

So much for my "steel-trap" memory.

The show must go on!

No comments: